Frequently Asked Questions

I have had an accident, what am I required to do now?
  1. Stop your vehicle immediately.
  2. Summon an ambulance if there have been any injuries.
  3. Call the Police on 10111.
  4. Remain calm and avoid arguments.
  5. Do not admit liability
  6. Exchange names and addresses with the other parties and witnesses if any.
  7. Should your vehicle be un-drivable please contact us for assistance, day or night, with towing your vehicle: 0860 REFLEX [733539]
  8. Observe legal requirements for the removal of the vehicles from the scene of the accident:
  9. If any person has been injured or killed no vehicle involved in the accident may be removed until a police officer authorises its removal.
  10. In cases where a vehicle completely obstructs the roadway, it may be removed after its position has been clearly marked on the road surface.
  11. If you are certain no death or injury has been caused you must move your vehicle out of harm’s way to avoid traffic congestion or further accidents.
  12. Report the accident to the police as soon as possible or within 24 hours.
  13. You will need to obtain written acknowledgement of the report (case number) from the police.
  14. Report the accident to your insurance company/broker as soon as possible.

Don’t be confused by misleading advice.  It’s your vehicle and you should have the right to choose your own repairer.

Ensure that Reflex Panelbeaters and Spraypainters, Cnr Roussouw & Nagington Rds, Wadeville, 1407 is written down and stored in your vehicle.

No, generally one quotation from a repairer of your choice is all that is required unless your Insurer clearly specifies otherwise.

Reflex Panelbeaters and Spraypainters is an approved repair centre for major insurance companies.

That depends on the extent of the damage. Our experienced estimators can give you an approximate repair time when they inspect your vehicle.

In some cases your vehicle will require some disassembly of the damaged components in order to accurately establish the extent of damage and or the time required to reinstate your vehicle to manufacturer’s specification.

The name of your insurance company and if possible, the name and phone number of the person with whom you had the accident. Reflex Panelbeaters will assist with paperwork and claim lodgement to make the process as hassle free as possible.

We will assist you in checking your insurance policy to see whether or not it covers you for a substitute vehicle whilst your vehicle is being repaired

Ask us a question

Couldn't find the answer that you were looking for? Ask us!